Here are some questions we are asked regularly. If you have questions we haven’t answered here, just contact us.
Wow, you are a tightwad! We like that! The conference is a low-cost, high-value conference. Look at all these great speakers, too. Seriously, other similar conferences cost between $900-1,900! If you join the UX Dallas Meetup, you will get a discount code (hint, hint).
We have sent out discount codes to many groups and organizations. If you did not get a discount code, ask for one using the Contact Us link (you old tightwad).
Industry Giants tickets are sold separately, but we promise that you will love this conference. It is located in the Oak Ball Room. You can learn from industry leaders in animation, motion graphics, video games, and movies.
We love children. We have our own children who will be violating child labor laws on the days of the conference working as volunteers. Don’t be surprised when a 10 year old hands you some swag and tells you to move along because you’re holding up the line.
Please be aware of the following
- Out-of-control children will be ousted from the conference. So we recommend a minimum age of 13 to attend so there is a greater chance the child will be interested in many of our topics.
- Some of our speakers might swear. You’ll just have to get over it. If a speaker drops an F-bomb or whatever, your child will not go to hell. We checked on this already. If the potential of your kid hearing a swear word or two scares you, then keep them at home. We will not apologize for any swear words, dammit.
- After conference functions will have alcohol at them. For example, Ignite Dallas is way more adult-oriented and probably not a good place for kids. In addition there will be other parties and meet-ups where adults will want to drink, unwind, and talk shop. Just plan on having alternative activities if you are staying in the hotel. We may even create a tweet-up for those who are under-aged. Stay tuned for that.
- We ask that you, as the responsible parent we all know you are, ensure your kids are interested in the topics.
Also note that we are working with some school districts to encourage high school students who are interested in design and development to attend the conference. Be on the lookout for future rock stars. We want them to feel like part of the Big Design family and to realize that just because they are creative doesn’t mean they can’t make a living doing so. You are their role models. Please treat them with the respect you expect from others at an event like that. Also, just because they are kids doesn’t mean they will not be your boss in five years.
No refunds are available. If you provide notice by August 15, 2017 to the Conference Director, your registration will be transferred to the Big Design Conference 2018. Transfers are good for one year only. If you are unable to attend the 2013 conference, you forfeit the registration fee.
The fee entitles you to:
– Entrance into the conference
– Entrance into the Friday Night Mixer
– Quality lunches on Friday and Saturday
– Access to more than 60 talks
– Networking opportunities with fellow designers and developers
NOTE: All workshops are sold separately.
The Big Design Conference 2016 room rate is $105 per night, and this price is good for Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (so you don’t have to miss anything).
Reserve Your Room Now
You can book a room now via one of the following methods:
1. Go to the Crowne Plaza website.
2. Enter the dates you want to stay for the Big Design Conference.
3. Enter Group Code B1G (for B #1 G).
1. Call the Hotel at 972-980-8877.
2. Push 1 for reservations.
3. Ask for the block code B1G.
If you have any difficulty please contact us and let us know so we can help out.
The call for proposals is open. Get on it. We have limited speaking slots, so hurry up…already!
You can find them at each end of the trade show, partner. Do your business and get back to the conference. Wash your hands before greeting your new found friends.
Not this one.
DART is the local bus transit system. You can see bus schedules here: http://www.dart.org/riding/stations/addisontransitcenter.asp.
For all social media hashtags.
Keep tabs on Twitter by following us as well as searching for the hashtag.
September 14, 15, & 16, 2017
Pre-conference workshops are on Thursday, September 14. The 15th and 16th are full conference days.