When you first get an idea for a product, your user experience must be so compelling that your customers will not go back to their old way of thinking. Your product’s user experience determines its success. Lean UX provides you with proven methods and techniques. Lean UX has a two-fold benefit: you learn how to make the right product and how to make your product right.
Lean UX blends user-centered design and agile software development with a start-up mentality. As you get smart about your customers early. you inject proven design methods during your product creation. Your build what customers want.
We expect this workshop to sell out fast! Seating is limited to just 50 people. Register today.
What You Will Learn
In this full-day workshop, you will learn these key things:
Lean UX background:
- What is UX Design?
- What is Lean UX?
- How Lean UX can be applied for startups?
- How Lean UX can be used by big companies?
How to build products that customers desire:
- What are customer personas?
- Three ways to effectively build customer personas.
- The difference between customer goals and tasks.
- Where personas can be used?
How your customers interact with your product:
- Understanding the importance of user journeys
- How to create the different user journeys that your customers take.
- What are the product touchpoints your customers need?
- How to create user journeys for a product
Ideating on different concepts with sketching:
- The importance of sketching (alone and with others)
- How to perform rapid sketching with Design Studios?
- Ways to reach consensus in the Design Studio.
- Deivering a final product you can test with customers.
Getting feedback from your customers:
- The importance of usability testing with your customers
- Five questions you should always ask in usability test
- How to perform a Lean Usability Test
- Top 10 usability methods and techniques for usability testing
Who should attend….
Anyone involved in designing a website or app, which includes designers, developers, marketers, writers, editors, project managers, start-ups, and VPs can all benefit from this workshop. Experienced professionals will get a great UX tune-up in this workshop. You will learn about different ways to conduct Design Studios based upon the latest trends and research. For newbies, this workshop provides a great foundation for performing Design Studios.
Once again, we will be at the very cool, hip, and happening incubator at the ATT Foundry & Gravity Center in Plano Texas. It is located near the highway with plenty of eateries to choose at lunch time.
The Gravity Center
2900 West Plano Parkway
Plano, Texas 75075
- $50 for Professionals
- $25 for Students
Brian Sullivan is the President of DFW-UXPA, Usability Principal at the Sabre Human Factors Center, Co-Founder of the Big Design Conference, and Founder of Big Design Workshops. Brian has spoke at SxSW Interactive 2012, Big Design Conference 2009-2012, and UPA Boston 2011. Brian has published over 200 articles on the Big Design Magazine site. He wrote the cover article for UX Magazine called “Design Like DaVinci” in 2011.
Brian has been involved in the IT industry for over 20 years. Brian has held numerous positions including Content Management, Training Development, QA, Customer Support, and Usability. Brian has worked in the retail, banking, medical, financial, and travel industries. Brian holds an MA in English Literature, MBA in Management Information Systems, and CUA from Human Factors International.
He lives in Texas with his wife (Susan), son (Sean), and their cat (Junior, who agrees to let them live in her house).