Big Design Conference is offering a Tools and Tactics track, so you can learn about the latest tools, best practices, and trends. You will see a diverse mix of tools, tactics, and topics in this track. On Saturday, the topics include Adobe’s Digital Publishing Suite which is freaky powerful), second screen experiences, blowing up a website, delivering you best portfolio, and more. We can envision some people just staying in this track all day. Here is your lineup for Saturday:
- 10:00am – Adobe’s Digital Publishing Suite with A.J. Wood. We have all heard that “content is king”, but today content also needs to be fluid. Smartphones & tablets have changed content consumption, and content creators need to keep up. Learn how Adobe’s Digital Publishing Suite (DPS) along with InDesign can be used to reimagine content for your mobile strategy vs simply digitizing files to PDF.
- 11:00am – Breaking Down Engagements in Second Screen Experiences with Jay Henderson. Second screen experiences are relatively new engagement models for consumers. Second screens can be used inform, augment, vote, and sell products. Plus, the second screen could be a TV, mobile, kiosk, or tablet. It just depends upon how you want to engage your customer. In this talk, we will breakdown the different engagement models for second screens. You will see a variety of examples of second screens. And, you will learn how to best engage customers using second screens.
- 1:00pm – How to Create and Deliver Your Best Portfolio with Soowan Schneurman. Learn how to create a portfolio that attracts and keeps a hiring managerâ€™s attention! In this session, you will learn about the latest portfolio trends and have the opportunity to meet with recruiting managers from The Creative Group who will provide a one-on-one review of your portfolio and offer tips for how to effectively showcase your brand of talent to different types of hiring managers.
- 2:00pm – Blow It Up, Put It Back Together with Brooke Brooks. Not all web work is from scratch. Some of us spend the majority of our time dealing with existing web structures. In this session, Brooke will go over the basics of redesigning an existing web structure. She will talk about considering audience, looking at process flow, breaking down pages, reviewing page purpose and reviewing elements for hierarchy. She will take an existing website and rebuild it in front of the class, providing the thought process behind the changes.
- 3:00pm – Maximizing Facebook: Privacy, Profiles, Pages and Promotion for Online Success with Lissa Duty. In todays 21st century business is no longer done with a handshake and a smile. Relationships are formed online and taken offline (or to another platform) for the close. In this presentation, Lissa will share how to: – Control Your Facebook Profile and Photo Privacy – Accept Friends Strategically and On Your Terms – Target Your Status Updates – Ways to Reach a Specific Audience – Maximize Your Online Exposure – Minimize Your Risk – Drive Traffic to Your Facebook Page You will also learn What to Post and How Often to Generate Reach and Interaction, the Appropriate Ratio of Sale vs Give, and How to Sell Without Selling in your Profile and Page Updates.
- 4:00pm – Mobile Testing Evolution: Innovative Ideas for Testing in the Lab, in the Wild, and Beyond with Ania Rodriguez. While mobile devices have dominated the marketplace for the past few years, user research tools and methods are still in their infancy. In this talk, we review the evolution of mobile testing tools for smartphones. Plus, we will look at some new hybrid approaches for user research for mobile. In the end, we will review success, best practices, and trends that will impact how you might gather mobile research in the near future.
Who do you want to see?