Code of Conduct
The Big Design conference is a virtual event for people who share a passion for design, experience, innovation, usability, and other cool things. The conference is intended to be an inclusive environment where anyone interested in doing, making, and designing cool stuff is welcome.
Along with people from different industries and backgrounds, we encourage conversations and differing perspectives as part of the Big Design conference experience. We will ensure a safe online environment for everyone, and your cooperation is expected.
Big Design strives to create and maintain a community in which people of many different backgrounds and cultures are treated with respect. To that end, we will provide an environment free of harassment for every person. To be clear “harassment” includes:
- Discriminatory, hostile or intimidating messages or language, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability
- Defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, vulgar, sexual, or illegal material
- Intimidation, stalking, unauthorized screen captures, photos, and recordings of a person or people
- Sustained disruption of talks, demos, AMAs or other events
- Inappropriate contact or unwelcome sexual attention
These are all things that have no place at the Big Design conference. We expect attendees to act in a way that’s a positive representation to the community-at-large. Anyone asked to stop harassing behavior will be expected to stop immediately. If not, appropriate action will be taken by conference staff, security, and/or law enforcement.
Conference staff and volunteers will provide any of the following should the need arise:
- Expulsion from the virtual conference
- Mediation of conflicts relevant to Big Design Conference event and/or policy
- Contacting security or law enforcement
- Assistance for any Big Design attendees with special needs
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers at our conference are required to agree with the code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everyone.
Contact Brian Sullivan to answer any questions.